Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR)
This form checks the vehicle before departure and validates the status. Since the regulation of the DVIR came into effect on November 20, 2016, this check is now mandatory for vehicles of 4,500 kg or more.
Before starting his drive, the driver must ensure that a safety check has been completed on the vehicle within the 24 hours before the departure.
Main components targeted by the security round
- Frame and bodywork
- Heating and defrosting
- Driver controls
- Windshield wipers and washer
- Emergency equipment
- Headlights and lights
- Doors and other exits
- Rear-view mirror and other mirrors
- Wheels, hubs and fasteners
- Fuel system
- Exhaust system
- Brake system
The report includes the following information:
- The name of the operator;
- The date and time of the inspection;
- Defects found;
- The name of the person who performed the inspection as well as his / her electronic signature;
- A reading of the odometer.