Geothentic now offers an electronic logbook (ELD) solution.
The Geothentic Orca module bridges the vehicle’s activity with a tablet installed in the vehicle that collects data and analyse them using the e-log software. Clients can obtain a detailed and graphical report in real time of their drivers.
The module plugs into the J1939 or J1708 connector and sends via Bluetooth BLE 4.1 to any smartphone or tablet the data required by the DOT for HOS electronic compliance such as: odometer, engine hours, engine ON / OFF. In addition, the module periodically sends engine diagnostic codes that appear on the device to the driver and the fleet manager. The module can simultaneously or separately monitor the J1939 and J1708 protocols. It can be wired to the JBus or, optionally, it can be plugged into the Jbus connector via a J1708 (6 pins), J1939 (9 pins) or J1708 / J1939 (9 pins) connector.
- Validate driving, service, rest and berth hours;
- Provides a graphical visualization of these events throughout the day;
- Track mileage of a trip;
- Tracks speed and sends notifications if it exceeds the limit set by the company;
- The report can thus establish a percentage of compliance with the combination of all these values;
- Offers a driving report for each driver.