A broad range of software-based products for heavy vehicles, management of the driver’s activities and validation of the vehicle’s condition on a daily basis.
Geothentic now offers, in partnership with the Millobit Group, Logbook solutions and applications to facilitate the circle check processing (pre-departure inspection). These fleet management tools are subject to regulations from various organizations.
Geothentic’s Orca module acts as a bridge between the vehicle’s activities and a tablet installed in the vehicle, collecting data and analysis using Millobit Group’s electronic log software. It is, therefore, possible to gather your drivers’ real-time detailed data and graphic report.
- Driving, service, rest, and sleeping hours
- A graphic display of every event throughout the day
- The driving distance, with an odometer entry at departure and arrival
- A follow-on of average speeds with notifications if it exceeds the value set by the company
- The report can thus establish a compliance level using a combination of all these values
This tool will be mandatory as of December 17, 2017, on US roads for heavy vehicles.
This form is a pre-departure inspection of the vehicle to validate its state. A regulation will come into force on November 20, 2016, making this a mandatory check for vehicles 4,500 kg or more in Québec.
Before getting behind the wheel, drivers must make sure that a circle check of the vehicle is completed within the previous 24 hours.
Key components to inspect during a circle check
- Coupling devices
- Frame and cargo body
- Driver controls
- Windshield wiper/washer
- Emergency equipment
- Headlights and lights
- Doors and other exits
- Glass and mirrors
- Wheels, hubs, and fasteners
- Fuel system
- Exhaust system
- Brake system
The report contains information such as:
- The operator’s name
- The date and time at which the circle check was performed
- Any defects noted
- The name of the person who performed the circle check and their signature
- An odometer reading